uh ho....

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ahem......

I have recently started working in an advertising agency.There are variety of people I come across everyday in my office.They are people from client servicing,planning,logistics and the most insane of the lot,the creative ones.I,personally feel that they are the ones who actually have all the fun while rest of the office slogs.I see them having a ball while 'thinking of' or worst still 'working on/developing an idea'.What I completely fail to understand is that how can a human mind think of anything creative admist so much of noise and chatter????
Though I'm no authority on creativity and despite of having sheer respect for their work,I have realized that creativity stems from the trunk of constantly being involved and engrossed in something so much that the environment ceases to exist for you.I came to know that I could write poetry (Yeah!!! That's true....) only when I was really busy talking to my friend on the phone.He is a copywriter and we just started writing our replies in poetry rather than plain text.He was pretty impressed with what I wrote and tell u,even I,myself was.I never believed that I had wriiten all that.2 pages full of poetry on philosophy.More surprise was waiting for me when my mail site's daily horoscope whiz said that I stand good chance of making a career into writing if I did something about it today.Well I know that I can write but a career in writing????Not very easy to digest...
But when I see my creative friends having a ball I seriously do wanna give it a try.After all,I can write,Right???

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, u should seriously give writing a try. But stick to writing blogs only (LOL!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, May 17, 2006  

  • shruti ..but they atleast did the work...what did we guys do..excluding u...we just sat and created the clutter and noise =p

    By Blogger Angad Singh, at Saturday, March 03, 2007  

  • Hello!
    its nice to know yourself and its equally complicated. when i was a kid and have nothing to think about except running away towards the field at all times to catch up with my folks- i was so happy... trouble started as soon as i grew senior in school. mum wanted me to get atleast distinction(sorry ma!) and papa REQUESTED just to get pass(thanks pa!). then 3 yrs of collg and sessionals and cheating still routine failures but a good game of cricket everyday. in the mean while tension started for masters and job. was lucky to get admission exactly where i wanted. Masters helped me lot to know myself and others better(call it maturity or age factor). 18 months of complete learning and fun(studies/sports/socializing/sex) and then "welcome back to earth". happy days are over!
    search for job, then business then employee management and in the meanwhile tried WRITING. complete failure. hehe. always short of words; grammaticaly wrong;and miles away from theme.

    to my surprise, my net friends actually liked it. but then too i stopped it. i started with love but ended up with sex. i tried again and no good results. blame it to my passionate relation but writing was a failure. failure because i was not only expressing my feelings but revealing everything about my girl as well. describing the body of my girl whom i have loved the most. how good is that? not at all!
    but why not? My intentions were not to exaggerate my physical experiences but to express the respect,love and feelings for my relation.
    my negative side won and my positive side stopped writing.

    Thanks to shruti's blog - atleast i m writing replies
    cheerz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, September 26, 2007  

  • hm... gives me an insight what led some one to scriptwriting at FTII.

    So True, expressing oneself in the poetic mileu.... gets the creative juices flowing. n flowering as few other things do... n very often we end up surprising ourselves... kep it up, Shruti.

    I am sure you have come a long way from 2006.. and built upon a better flow of words.... this one is kewl... but am sure you have don better since.

    n ya.... do keep on writing.. d blog

    By Blogger kapskapskaps, at Friday, May 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home